Thursday, August 27, 2020

I Like Thursday # 63 ~ Seeking Sense and Sensibility


This is one of the last roses in my summer garden.

It has been such a long hot summer
that most of my summer blooms are spent for the season
even though we are just now experiencing the beginning of the season's change.

Today is has, at last, been cool enough to turn on the oven.
So I made Mr Scrapatch one of his favorite breakfast treats this morning ...


Blueberry Custard Bread Pudding
from my own recipe, Here.
It is blueberry season here and it is nice to be baking again.


My Quilty Kitties and I have been continuing to sort and reorganize
my stash and sewing area.
Katniss is helping me to fill my new baskets. 


I have been spending a lot of time with my books,
re-reading old favorites, including Jane Austen.

Are you  a Jane Austen fan?

You might enjoy the quizzes on this this site ... 

The Jane Austen Quiz - Facts Within Fiction





"Your score: 10 / 10

Congratulations! You know your Regency history!"



Most quilters and readers have heard of ...

 Jane Austen's Quilt on display in Chawton, England.

Many have made their own version of this diamond quilt.

Now many more will make it with this new collection ... 





There is a "cheater" type panel.
It is similar but not an authentic reproduction
as the original quilt had 64 different fabrics in the diamonds. 
It is a lovely collection for Jane Austen enthusiasts, though.

I have had a Jane Austen Quilt on my list for some time
but never have collected enough fabrics to make my version.
I am undecided as to whether I will sew the panel version.
If I really want to get the quilt done,
this might be the best opportunity to do so.

Are you a Jane Austen Quilt Fan?
Have you made your own version of this quilt?



It is Thursday so I shall enjoy a visit with my friends
@
I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

who once a week choose to find and share happiness.

May you and yours have a Happy Thursday!

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I too am choosing happiness

LA Paylor said...

Yes I think Jane Austen captured the eternal questions of humans. Your rose is so pretty

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We love Jane Austen here and the old movie Pride and Prejudice was on tv yesterday. I didn't try to watch it...I have the DVD...so I'll watch it one evening soon. LOVE this post!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've only read one Jane Austen book, but just started reading The Jane Austen Society which takes place in Chawten. It's fiction, of course, but I love how historical fiction teaches you about the people and time period. Your rose is beautiful, Pat! I'm ready for a hint of fall here!

Shannon said...

I'm a huge Jane Austen fan, ever since my dad brought me a copy of Emma when I was a little girl. Turns out it's actually my least favorite, but I love them all. Sadly I missed one on the quiz. Your kitty is super cute dozing in the baskets, hard to get anything organized when she's "helping"

Roseanne said...

Hi Pat! Katniss looks pretty darn comfy in those new baskets. Way to fill them up as soon as they get into the house. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your baskets, we have a bunch of those at work. I was wondering how Katniss managed to get into them. Gorgeous Rose. Love Jane Austen, it is amazing how many movies, books, using her as a theme there are out there....let alone her books.

tealeafquilts said...

As many times as I've watched Pride and Prejudice, I flunked. I have that Jane Austen book and was recently gifted with stashes from two deceased quilters. I ought to be able to find enough different fabrics to make this.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

My gosh, that bread pudding looks sooo good! What a treat! Thanks for the recipe too.
I'm a Jane fan. I would love to stitch that diamond patterned quilt and I love those new fabrics. Gorgeous. So much to tempt us!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

You had me at Blueberry Custard Bread Pudding. . I like Jane Austen and that era as well. I’m so ready for fall.

dq said...

It would be fun to do a Jane Austin quilt and this one is lovely!

Lovely read this morning for me!