Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A New Start ~ Jelly Snowflake QAL


This is my fabric choices for the




This link will take you to the fabric requirements and the kick-off post.

As this was a "Christmas in July" sew-along, it is now complete,
but if you have not seen it and want to keep it a mystery 
I do not want to spoil the reveal for you.

I have seen the finished quilts and have printed all the steps.


I did choose my fabrics when it was still a mystery.
I stayed on task, for once, though and completed my planned
Christmas in July Quiltings


For this new project, I am using 

in dark blue and zirconium for my quilt
and am doing a reverse color placement.
The blue is my background fabric.

I could not have picked fabrics I would have liked more if I had waited 
to choose after the final step was released.

Mr Scrapatch loves these fabrics.

I am planning this to be a cuddle quilt for frosty winter nights
so I have chosen this ...


in navy and silver for my backing fabric.

This fabric is very soft and you cannot feel the glitter
and it does not rub off.

I have never used glitter minky for a quilt backing so quilting it 
and washing this type of mixed fabric quilt will be new to me.

If any of you have any experience 
with this cuddle fabric for a quilt backing,
I would be very interested to hear your tips and tricks.

 It is raining and blustery here as the bands from 
Tropical Storm Isaias are passing through our neighborhood.
The air has a very warm tropical scent to it,
like flowers that only grow near the equator and warm island beaches.
The air is so humid it feels like a warm hug.

I actually love this type of day which is so rare 
in our cool northern clime.

May everyone be well and safe in the storm's path.

3 comments:

sue s said...

I've finished piecing my quilt and yours is going to be just striking! Good choices!

Dorian said...

Perfect fabrics for your snowflake quilt Pat!! I hope the minky doesn't give you any trouble. I haven't worked with it myself. Glad you aren't getting the storm too hard.

Anonymous said...

Perfect fabrics indeed! And that cuddle backing will be perfect as well. I have no experience using it but know people who have, and they love it. I saved all the directions for that quilt but don't have fabric on hand for it. I was hoping it would be a good layer cake project but I don't think it would work.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net