Thursday, August 6, 2020

I Like Thursday # 61 ~ The Light After The Storm



This is the photo I took of the sun burning through the clouds
at the end of the storm here on Tuesday .


The light was so clear and the colors so sharp.

The wind was still gusting softly and the rain was still blowing out of the clouds and trees.

For a few moments I could feel the earth breathe.


Here is a short video I took from my open back porch.

I found myself holding my breath when I took this.

It brought to mind one of my favorite quotes:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, 
but by the moments that take our breath away."



This quote is there always at the bottom of my right sidebar.


I reminds me of one of my favorite songs ...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"
 (Gerry & The Pacemakers Version, 1963)

No one ever really walks alone through the storm.

<3

Please visit my friends today at

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

 <3 

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your yard looks so beautiful, Pat! Hope that wind didn't do any damage to it. I like that quote, too - good one to remember.

LA Paylor said...

the breeze off your lovely porch area took my breath away... what a peaceful moment... LeeAnna

PaintedThread said...

Beautiful yard! (And it appears no storm damage!)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! So glad to hear you survived the storm okay, and that photo of the sunshine breaking through the clouds is just perfect. Your video shows a beautiful yard and I enjoyed the birdies singing. They were probably holding their breath, so to speak, about the storm as well. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your yard is almost like a sanctuary, so peaceful. Great photos.

kupton52 said...

I'm not sure I can add anything to what's been said already...but I'll try. Your yard and flowers are exquisite. My breath was taken away at the beauty you shared. Thank you...I think you've just made my day!

Vivian Helena said...

Beautiful, so calming. A friend just came back from walking in the woods in Nelder Grove, near Yosemite. One of the amazing Sequoia trees, is 2,700 years old. Puts everything in perspective.