Sunday, September 22, 2019

Autumn Leaves Are Falling


Today was very warm and summery.
As evening fell it found me outside looking for some cool air 
and a quiet place to sit and stitch.

The little red maple leaf fell near me as I stitched.

It is the last day of summer and night is already starting to arrive early in my quilty corner.
By 7:00pm, it was too dark to see and stitch and I had left my portable light inside.
So I have packed up and moved to the living room.

I am working on a very old UFO project ... 




At some point I decided to hand embroider free form autumn leaves on the white squares.

I am a seasonal stitcher so this has been packed away for another year more than once.

Today I chose to pick up this project again.

I hope to have this one done this year before the snow flies.

Autumn is fleeting.

Time will tell.


4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your leaves are lovely!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Yep I agree I think it needs some stitchy love in all those squares. But it is hard to work on a Christmas Quilt during the summer or a Halloween quilt during January.

Kathleen said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I was wondering if you were stitching freehand, as I don't see anything drawn on the white squares. You do great work freehand.
kakingsbury at verizon dot net

claudia said...

Good idea for a quilt! And it combines two of my favorite pastimes! Piecing and embroidery!
It will be fun to watch your progress on this quilt.