Tuesday, September 3, 2019

In A Bind Today



When I am in a bind about the steps to machine finishing my quilt,
I go to my own favorite tutorial for



Two Color Flanged Machine Binding Tutorial


I used up the mottled light aqua blue cut off the sides and top of the pieced backing when squaring and trimming the extra fabric after taking my quilt off the longarm frame.
These are for the flange of the binding.
I bought a yard of this bright red  print in the fat quarter bundle of



that I used for the houses and sashing.


I used my favorite binding baby for holding my prepared banding.

I bought this

Binding Babies by Doohikey Designs @ Fat Quarter Shop


Nutmeg was very helpful today with sewing on the binding.


Very Helpful.
I think she wants this quilt as well as my red sewing chair.


Together we finished the binding today.

Photos of my finished quilt tomorrow! 

3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your quilting is lovely and the binding is awesome. Love the colors.

Mary Marcotte said...

I love that binding idea, too. I've seen only once before but it sure is clever. I'll have to remember to give it a try. Hoping it is as pretty as yours!

KaHolly said...

Thanks for the link. I followed someone else’s tutorial once and ended up with a mess, so I never tried again.