Saturday, September 28, 2019

Quilty Musing and Swooning



Here are my Essex Linen fabrics for the quilt


These are all wovens, except the plastic wrapped end of bolt I bought for the backing,
which is the grey print from Amanda Herrings "Hello Lovely" collection. 
The white on the left is sashing.

The grey under the fat quarters is Essex Linen Silver, 
which is the chosen background fabric.
The rest of the fabrics and the design is up to me.
I have though about this all summer.
It is time to decide and cut and sew.

This is a quilt for a family members and only the silver grey was chosen by the recipient,
who would like to receive a bed quilt
that looks peaceful and calm ... 

I think I have the fabrics just right ... 


This is the photo of their most recent sea adventure that greeted me this morning. 

Now I need to make my final choice of pattern ...

I have decided on a Swoon Quilt. 
 a pattern that I have never sewn but have been swooning over for some time.

I am trying to decide between the ...




or the original ... 




or maybe a medallion quilt with the ... 




I thought I had decided on the Swoon Sixteen
until today when the Patchwork Swoon caught my attention.

A friend recently told me that the newer Swoon Sixteen pattern was
a little easier to cut and sew.
I appreciate her help.


It is Decision Time

If any of your have sewn any of these patterns,
 I would very much like to hear 
about your swoon sewing adventures. 




Thanks for any input, quilty friends ... :-) 

2 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

LOL I have all 3 of those patterns. I am Swooning to see your swoon.

Laura said...

Going to be a wonderful calm quilt. I look forward to hearing your adventures working with those 2 weights of fabric (the cotton linen which is relatively thicker and the others which will be relatively thinner).