Thursday, April 7, 2022

I Like Thursday # 131 ~ Spring Is Here


It is spring!

The trees are budding. 

I was able to take my crochet outside and sit in the sun one day this week 

and this little chickadee kept me company. 


The crocus are in full bloom.


It is pansy season here so we found some hanging baskets of for our yard.

I also visited my local quilt shop for my free yard o fabric for April.


This fabric is 

Flower Market by In The Beginning Fabrics

I may choose another print in this fabric for my May yard.

I like the soft spring colors in this fabric and the black contrast.

I also like the gray.

It is a good match for the new gray paint on the bedroom walls ...


The gray paint has made it to the last corner of the room.

Since this room cannot be completely emptied, it has taken a month of weekends to do the two base coats and two top coats of paint and to repaint the trim as we have to move the furniture from side to side and cover it as we work.

I like the plaid effect when this fabric is turned on point.

I  am thinking to make a runner for my dresser with it. 

There was no free pattern with this fabric release

 so I have a different pattern of the week freebie:


Clear Reflections ~ Free Quilt Pattern ~ pdf. Here

This fabric is

Capri by Art Gallery Fabrics

For the fabric requirements to make the Clear Reflections version of this quilt

Click Here for the Free Project Sheet from AGF

Soft fabric colors are appealing to me at the moment.



It is Thursday so I am joining my friends at 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

to share the small joys in life.  


I hope you have a Happy Thursday! 


5 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely shade of grey for your room and that fabric would make an ideal match for a runner. I too love the free patterns that AGF generally provide for their fabrics. So much to love! Enjoy your spring...we had one very warm day which was heavenly but pouring rain today. But that's April here!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Oh, to be able to sit outside and do handwork!! We are not anywhere near that yet, but it sure is fun to think about for sooner than later. I love the free yard of fabric you picked up for April. I had something similar and I made a bike backpack for my boss. She enjoys biking so I thought it would be nice for her but alas I've never seen her use it at all. Enjoy your day! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Yay for crocuses and budding trees! Fun fabric.

piecefulwendy said...

What a pretty wall color, and your free fabric will go nicely with it. I love to watch the chickadees in the spring, they are so active. What pretty spring flowers! We still have snow, but soon the flowers will come!

Linda said...

I love your gray walls, that is what we chose to repaint our entire house inside. That fabric is very pretty , I love it! You are lucky to have so many lovely spring flowers.