Thursday, April 21, 2022

I Like Thursday # 133 ~ A House Full of Fabric and Love

 


Good Morning to all my friends who enjoy

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

Nutmeg wished to say hello.

She has been very helpful while I have been sewing my 



Nutmeg seems to have already claimed this softy as her favorite napping place.

My furry purry helper and I am making slow progress on completing our afghan.

It has been a very varied week of weather. When it is sunny and warm enough Mr. Scrapatch and I have have been outside working in the yard. Our tulips are slow to bud this year, but our trees and bushes have sprouted leaves and the maples have budded. What an unusual spring.


The high point of this week was gathering with our sons on Easter.


Jess and Matt brought a delicious Asparagus Soup from the ...


The Farmer's Dinner Cookbook

for our first course and I made bread to serve with it.


It was not quite a traditional menu to our bring and share a dish feast.


Jonathan brought a new version of his delicious Cornburger Pie.

This one had a southwestern flavor to it.

Served up with ham and fruit it was very tasty.

Jon also brought homemade cookies for dessert.

 After dinner we all Zoomed with our daughter in Indiana.


Marissa sent me photos of her home this week and several of the quilts that I have given her are being put to beautiful use. The quilt on her chair is my ...


Fat Quarter Cubes Quilt which I made in 2018.


The quilts on her dining room table ...


... and kitchen nook table

are the ones I made for her wedding in 2013


You may see all the Wedding Table Quilts Here.

It makes my heart happy to know she is still enjoying her quilts. 


I am an old lady with a house full of fabric and quilts

 so when I saw this sign which may be purchased Here on Amazon

it made me smile. 


I hope you have had a week full of smiles, my friends.

Happy Thursday! 



6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Nutmeg looks so content on your crocheting;) How wonderful for you to spend time with family on Easter. And nice to know your daughter is using the quilts you made for her.

PaintedThread said...

Nutmeg looks comfy on those squares. I like all those quilts. Looks like you had a nice Easter. :-)

Linda said...

I love Nutmeg. Holding down the afghan for you is hard work. ;) I just took a peek at the post you linked of the quilts for your daughter's wedding and they are gorgeous!

piecefulwendy said...

Nutmeg appears to be very well mannered around that lovely crochet. I'm glad you enjoyed a lovely Easter holiday with your family! The food looks delicious!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

From your last post, those very tiny hexagons are adorable. You really don't see how small that is from the photos but I know. Thanks for the links as well, very useful.
What a wonderful gathering you enjoyed with family. And how nice they shared their food, etc.
I also thought it wonderful to see your work on display and in use. Very satisfying feeling.

Susie H said...

I bet there are a lot of us that have graduated to relating to that sign! Ha! Your Easter feast may not have been traditional but it all sounded good and there was lots of love cooked and prepared in every bite!