Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Pieces to the Squares Sampler Crochet are Complete!



The sun came out today and the pieces to my 
Squares Sampler Crochet puzzle are complete! 

 When I was counting and sorting my pieces, I found I only had nine setting strips and that I needed ten to fit the puzzle together. So I made one more setting strip, the mini granny square flower at the bottom of the photo. 



These small daisy granny squares were adapted from this 

Daisy Granny Square Tutorial by Melanie Ham

There is a video tutorial in the link below:

Dainty Daisy Granny Square Video Tutorial @ JustBCrafty


Because I needed to fit eight squares in my setting strip size,

 I changed the last border to Half Double Crochet 

to get the smaller size that I needed.

Sewing two of these mini squares together made the width perfect.

Here is my tenth setting strip.

Time to lay out my blocks! 

Linking up today with all the lovely inspiration at


Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts


I hope you have had a Happy Sunday! 



5 comments:

Kim said...

The colours in those granny squares are magical. Those pretty shades truly play beautifully together.

Gretchen Weaver said...

So pretty!

Chantal said...

Oh! My! Gosh! You are really fast with a crochet hook. I can hardly believe you have all the pieces for your blanket finished already! You rock, girl! ;^)

Deb A said...

Very pretty and I just love the colors. Perfect for spring.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is gorgeous! I love the pink and grey combination! And all the different designs will be so interesting.... can't wait to see how it goes together!