Thursday, April 14, 2022

I Like Thursday # 132 ~ Light of a Gray Day


 Today was a gray day.

There is a special light on a gray spring day,

 so I have spent my day focusing and finding joy in small things,

like these tiny blooms on my flowering plum tree that opened just this morning 

for the first this year.

Since is Thursday so I am sharing these simple joys my friends at 

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

More tiny blooms ...



a golden treasure

seek what may be found, blooming

as bright as the sun.


It was a good day to turn of the oven 

and fill my home with the delicious scent of baking bread.

Recipe Link for Peasant Bread previously posted Here

There were also extra homemade lemon bars to enjoy with a hot cup of tea.

 I made a double batch of these yesterday and brought half to share with 

my monthly lunch  with my three oldest and best friends. 

I followed this recipe: 

Lemon Bars @ Stay At Home Chef

These have a very tangy lemon fulling and a shortbread crust.

I have been spring cleaning and putting away winter bedding and coats.

I left one out as it has turned cooler again tonight.

The sound of the rain now falling outside is pleasantly soothing.

I am happy with whatever the day may bring

and I am ready for the night.


I hope you have had a Happy Thursday, my friends.

<3 



2 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I am jealous. We don't seem to have much flowering yet. Your lemon bars look yummy.

Linda said...

Your bread and bars look SO good! Making my mouth water. The plum tree blossoms are beautiful.