Sunday, April 24, 2022

Cat On The Lap Crochet

 


Progress is being made here at "Cat on The Lap Crochet." 

This is the first round in border one on my 


Here is the Cat On The Lap, Nutmeg.

Every time I sit in my favorite living room chair to make some progress

the cat hops onto my lap.

I put the WIP away when I am not working on it or the cat(s)

 will be making biscuits on it.


The Cat on the Lap is an immoveable object.
I crochet as far as I can around her.
My hook has reached a standstill here on the bottom of the photo.


Here is a snapshot of the Cat on the Lap from Mr. Scrapatches'
 angle from the sofa.
I asked him not to put my "cat-axperated" face in the photo. 


This is the cat settled in on the chair for the night in my WIP.
I very carefully gather the cat in afghan as I stand up. 
Then lay gently lay her down in the warm and comfy nest on the chair. 


How could I resist this "I Love You, Mommy" happy cat face?




With the cat's help I have finished border one in the dark pink yarn
 and am working on border 2 in the light gray.



Linking up today with


and





More Cat on the Lap Crochet photos soon!


5 comments:

Chantal said...

Such a beautiful cat. I love the last picture of her looking at you with a "Thank you Mommy for making this warm blanket for me" kind of look on her face. Precious. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed blanket. Enjoy! ;^)

Dorian said...

Oh Pat, that is looking soooo sweet and cozy!! You're doing a great job, and the kitties are too ;) Have a great day.

KardsbyKadie said...

How LOVELY. Not sure which I LOVE more......The project or the kitty.
You are blessed to have a kitty that knows the PERFECT TIME to sit in your lap.
Thanks for sharing!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely cat, and your blanket is pretty too!
Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos, full of love.

Vicki W said...

This blanket is looking so beautiful!