Saturday, April 9, 2022

Squares Sampler Afghan ~ Getting Ready to Layout the Blocks

Saturday was a stormy day.

I do not mind the rain as our spring has been dry at times.

It was a good day to get my sampler squares ready to lay them out together. 

When I sorted all my pieces, I found there were three blocks that were smaller or had uneven edges even though they had been blocked and squared.


Nutmeg was my crochet kitty inspector.

My yarn is acrylic which is a type of yarn that does not take well to permanent blocking.  I could stretch them to make them fit with the others, but when I wash my afghan, it will not lay flat after drying unless I block it again.

So I decided to add borders to these three blocks.


Then I pinned them to my blocking board again to make them nice and square for stitching then all together. 

 I hope your weekend a happy and productive time. 


1 comment:

Vicki W said...

This blanket is going to be beautiful!