Thursday, April 28, 2022

I Like Thursday # 134 ~ Spring in the Scrapatch



Welcome to my post for

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

where my friends and I share our weekly smiles. 

I have been playing with my yarn and made this free style crochet flower and leaf.


These lovely pink forget me nots bloomed this morning in my yard.
I planted these in memory of my Butterfly Kitty ~ R.I.P. 2017 
Every year when they bloom the memories they bring make me smile.


I have more spring blooms to share today.
This bush is by my back steps and the tiny blooms have a spicy, sweet fragrance
that perfumes the air. 


The first of our tulips are set to open wide.
Not today. Today it is very cool and breezy.
The temperature feels below freezing although the sun is bright. 


The air is so chilly that the windows are closed tight
and the kitties must enjoy birdie-vision through the glass.
Maestro is sitting with me while I enjoy my morning latte.


My latte had a free form heart pop up in the foam
that made me smile.


I played with the yarn while I sipped and this was the result.

The leaf needs a better shape.  I saw how to make this on IG: 


The flower is my own improv creation.
I have been wanting to make crochet flowers
 after seeing so many pretty ones on IG here:


This is just for my 15 minutes of play time with my yarn. 



My main project is my Cat on the Lap Crochet Sampler.


I have pulled these fabrics to make a quilt for people I love 
who love the beach. 

The three blues on the left are for the star.
The print is the backing fabric.
The dark plaid on the right is the binding fabric. 

The gray linen is the background Choice A.


Here is another possible background fabric.
This gray-blue is background Choice B

 I am digging through my stash 
to see if I can find a gray I like better. 


Afternoon Edit: 

Fabric Found!

Background Fabric Choice C

After some serious stash spelunking
I uncovered the gem I was looking for ...
this gray Architextures grid print by Karen Lewis.
It is one of my favorite background fabrics
and was with another WIP.
I have ordered more to complete the other project.
I wanted this particular fabric because I know 
one of the people I am making Popstar for liked it 
when she saw it in another quilt that I made.

I have my winner! 

Time to start cutting and sewing! 

The pattern is this lovely quilt along ... 


All you need to know to quilt along may be found in the link below:


I love Sandra's QAL patterns.

This quilt will hopefully become my focus project 
as soon as I complete the crochet border.

I have not made a quilt this year! 
I need to make a quilt!


I hope you and yours are having a Happy Thursday! 


5 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

I am so pleased that you are quilting along with us again this year Pat and that the first quilt you are making this year is one of my designs! I LOVE your fabric pull, am leaning towards the second choice for a background. It is cold here too like what the heck Mother Nature? She is MAD at us all and rightly so but sheesh the whole month of April outside of a couple of days has been below normal. Ah well stay inside and make a quilt or crochet right? Or sit at the window and watch the birds, can’t go wrong with any of those activities.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your flowers are beautiful, both real and crocheted! I'm making the PopStar quilt in blues and white, too. I think it will be pretty in that combination. Hope it warms up for you!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a very nice pattern and I love the fabric pull. We are cold and very windy that outdoor things will wait - hopefull by this weekend.

Linda said...

Love your crocheted flower as well as the flower photos. I just read about your beautiful Butterfly and she sounds like such beloved kitty. Good luck with your QAL - love the fabrics you chose.

PaintedThread said...

Pretty crocheted flowers. Like the spring flowers, too.