Thursday, September 7, 2023

I Like Thursday #169 ~ Settling In and Sewing On

 


Happy Thursday!

I am happily settling into my newly renovated quilty corner.

Please join my friends and I as we celebrate the good things in life or

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

I am so happy to be back to sewing. 


Here are my first blocks for my new start.

I made both sized blocks.  The large block is the Autograph Star Bonus Block,

which is intended as a label block for the back of their quilt plan.

I also made the smaller variation version as a classic Sawtooth Star Block.

Below is the link for Main Page for this new sew along ... 

Moda Blockheads 5 ~ All Info Here


I like these fabrics because they have a cross stitch motifs
and are autumn colored. I love the colors of this changing season.

My fabric links may be found here.

I hope to keep up with this sew along

and I am working on a layout for the quilt I want to make.


I am also making progress on mScrappy Chains & Plates Quilt
and am working on the applique centers today.


The kitties have, of course, been helping with my sewing.


So helpful ... :) 


I am also making plans to play with the 


These surprise packages o fabric and goodies always make me smile.

These mystery boxes sometimes sell out fast
so pre-order yours today if you want to receive one. 

So all is well in my happy sewing space today.

This is in part due to good news on two medical issues with Mr Scrapatch.
His fractured wrist is healing very well after surgery and he has new removable splint which he will be wearing for a week or two.  
Also, the nuclear bone scan on his spine did not show any indicators that he needs further treatment at this time. 

So life is good in the scrapatch on this hot and humid and sunny day.

It is a good day to stay in the air conditioning and sew. 

May you and yours be well and safe and happy this Thursday. 


1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sewing corner looks so lovely and pleasant and set up just right for you, Pat! I like that star block with the signature center - that will be perfect for a label. So glad your hubby is recuperating from the broken wrist - I've done that and it's not fun!