Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Stitch-tober 2023 ~ Mix and Match ~ Stitchy Start

 


I have been sitting and stitching the last few days.

Yesterday was a fall nor-eastern in New England 

which came flowing up the gulf stream

 and deluging rain all day and into the night.

We got more rain in 24 hours than for Hurricane Lee 

and our cellar is wet again from the over saturated ground.

Fortunately it is sunny day today 

for drying everything out. 

I am taking my stitching out to my yard in a few minutes to enjoy the sun.

I am getting a head start on 


Stitch-tober @ Fat Quarter Shop ~

 Click For All Info


I started this Halloween Mix and Match Cross Stitch 

project in 2020 as part of first



Stitch-tober in 2020 Info @Fat Quarter Shop

The border grid setting layout is a free design and may be found in the link below: 

Free Lori Holt Mix & Match Halloween Border Layout @ FQS



This is as far as I got with the stitching at that time 

before I tucked it all away in my project bag for another day.  

That day has finally arrived!


I am actually happy I waited as I have added a fun new design element to the mix!


The original plan used this fun stitching card set from Lori Holt:

Stitch Cards ~ Set F @ Fat Quarter Shop

Lori Holt at Bee in My Bonnet has just released 

a new set of Stitch Cards:



 

These lovely fall themed motifs are the perfect addition 

to add to the Mix and Match with the Halloween themed set! 

It also makes the Mix and Match much easier than the original plan 

as that one pulled together motifs from several different patterns.


As I am a very slow stitcher and want to complete this project

 before the witching hour this year, 



I have already started work by stitching the grid border 

for the stitch card motifs. 

I am using DMC Floss for this project.

The grid is  Black 310, which can be found in the



Stitch Cards Set R  ~ DMC Floss Pack @ Fat Quarter Shop

which includes flower thread bobbins.

I did order extra DMC Black 310 Floss as needed for the large grid

and DMC 471 Light Avocado Green Floss for the inner motif frames

I am stitching on hand-dyed stormy gray 11 count Aida.

~~~

Are you making stitchy plans for Stitch-tober? 

There are many other wonderful Stitch-tober patterns available,

some free and some for purchase.

Happy Stitching!


3 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh you do beautiful cross stitching! I have never done counted cross stitch; only stamped ones and stamped embroideries...it is really relaxing to be able to pick up a little piece of work, isn't it? Nice that it's so portable,too. Enjoy
Hugs, Julierose

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have fun with your cross stitching! I'm enjoying my applique, happy stitching!

Dorian said...

That's cute Pat, glad you are enjoying it. No Halloween or Fall sewing going on here. I'm quilting a quilt up and want to get it done soon, so am doing no piecing right now. Have a good day, hope the cellar dries up soon.