Friday, September 15, 2023

Free Pattern Friday Linky Party ~ Moda Blockheads 5 and More!




Here is my Moda Blockheads 5 ~ Bright Star Block

The light and breeze coming in my window today is from the off-shore hurricane in the Atlantic.  Current forecast modules show it staying far enough out to sea from the New England coast that we will only get some rain and light winds tonight and tomorrow.  May all in the path of the storm stay safe and well.


This is a free block pattern and sew along.

All you need to know is in the links below to sew your own version of this block!

MBH5 ~ Block 1 ~ Posted Here

This Bright Star Block is designed by

Betsy Chutchian ~ Her Blog Post Here

I looked at all the half square triangles in this block 
and decided I was going to cut and piece it differently.  
I knew what I wanted to do.  

Before I had time to figure it all out,

 I fortunately saw the someone else had done all the work for me ... 

I used the simplified cutting and sewing instructions posted by

MBH5 ~ Block 1 ~ Fig Tree Quilts


Here are the Dawn on the Prairie fabrics from

Stephanie Sliwinski @ Fancy That House Design

that I chose for my block.


Here are the pieces to the puzzle.


I used my preferred method of cutting my 1/4 inch seams

before I sewed my flying geese and flip and sew rectangles.


I pressed my seams to nest and sewed.


Not perfect, but I am very happy with my block.

~~~

More Free Pattern Friday Fun! 

Tomorrow is

National Sew A Jelly Roll Day ~ All Info Here



Project Jelly Roll 2023 ~ Free Patterns Here

So grab a jelly roll or two, pick a pattern

and join in a fun day of free pattern sewing tomorrow! 

~~~

Do you have a free pattern or tutorial of your own

or a favorite free find online? 

If so, please join in the Free Pattern Friday 

Linky Party Fun! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your block turned out very nice. I like the block best with the solid center, why piece more than needed? Happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Thats a lovely fabric line you are using Pat. Have fun.