Thursday, September 21, 2023

I Like Thursday # 171 ~ Being Quilty ~Being Real

 


Happy Thursday!

I am having a happy day playing with the fabric and threads.



Yesterday was 

Moda Blockheads ~ Block 2 Release

This block was designed by Joanna Figueroa

so I followed here cutting and sewing suggestions in the link below: 

Galaxy Star ~ MBH5 ~ Block 2 @ Fig Tree Quilts


I played with the colors and prints awhile before I chose to sew these fabrics.

I had to use my seam ripper after I had thought the block was done,

 because I found that I turned one of the Quarter Square Triangle units

 when I sewed. 

I like the finished block.


I used a new Love Sew Wool Quilter's Clapper  

pressing tool today that I found on Amazon.


I like the way the curved wool piece helps me to press seams open.

I use it as a clapper to keep my seams flat while I am piecing units.


This is a photo of me choosing today's fabrics on a new social media phone app

 that I recently joined by a friend's invitation.

It is can be found and downloaded to your android or iPhone in your app store.

It is called

Be Real

The intent here is to post one unfiltered photo per day with a caption.

Each photo can only be seen by friends for 24 hours.

Then you get a notification to take a new photo of the day.

You can silence the notifications and if it arrives at an inconvenient time,

you can ignore it and can still post a photo later.

You do not have to post everyday.

However, you can only see your friend's photo of the day, when you post.

I like seeing what my friend posts so I like to play along.

I do not send friend requests.

If you are active on this app and wish to share with me,

please send me a request and post a comment or send an email

letting me know you have done so and I will accept.

I do like to be real.



Please join my friends and I @

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color 

and have a Happy Thursday! 


1 comment:

Susie H said...

That looks like a cool tool. I've got a pressing bar but it looks like yours has a clapper part attached. Somebody had a good idea! Your spooky houses look great and I love the fabrics you used in the BH5 block.