Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Scrappy Chains & Plates

 


Scrappy Irish Chain Plus Dresden Plates

I have made some progress this week.

When I unpacked my plastic bins with my sewing stuff I found my chain blocks

 and the Dresden plates I had pieced and the blades laid out 

for what I thought was ...


... the rest of the center plates that I needed for my alternate blocks.
I have 13 chain blocks and 12 alternate blocks for my quilt.

I thought I had cut and laid out and sewn enough blades for all my plates,
but when I counted after sewing, I only had 10 Dresden circles.

I went through all the boxes and places that the missing pieces could be
and came up empty handed.  I am still thinking I may someday find
two more unfinished plates somewhere.


Today, though, I cut and sewed two more 20 blade pieces.


Now I have 12 scrappy dresdens ready for applique.

That is tomorrow's plan.


It is sunny, hot and humid in my quilty corner of the northeast.

Summer weather has arrived just in time for the family vacations to be over and 

the students to be returning to class. 


May your September be happy and productive.



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Since you've sewn the missing Dresdens, you'll find them tomorrow! That's how it works for me anyway. Happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Sorry you had to make a few more Pat. They sure are looking lovely though.

ChrisDeeCaregeiver @gmail.com said...

Isn't that the truth.🙂