Saturday, September 2, 2023

Scrappy Saturday Is Back!

 


Today I did some scrappy sewing in my happy place again. 

It feels good to be back. 


I am working again on my ...

Scrappy Irish Chain & Dresden Plate Quilt

This was the quilt I was working on when I had to move my sewing machine

 and pack up all my fabric, projects, supplies and tools and such

so we could begin work on the room renovations in my dining room sewing corner. 

I really love these fabrics and this pattern. 

This is a free pattern and all the info may be found in the link below:

Scrappy Irish Chain Sew Along @ Coriander Quilts

I have seen many beautiful quilts in this fun sew along

 and hope someday I will add mine to the finishes. 

I was inspired by one of the quilts to add scrappy Dresden Plate appliques

 Here in March 

 to the center of my alternate blocks. 

My sewing time shall continue to be slow and interrupted by other things happening here, but it feels good to have my happy sewing corner ready and waiting for me.

Yesterday, Mr. Scrapatch had surgery on his left wrist to set a fracture he received in a fall while working in the yard at the end of last week. 

This is only one of the heath issues we have had here this summer.

We are working on getting better and getting all we need to do done.

Carrying on here in the scrapatch.


I hope you and yours are having a happy,

 healthy and safe long weekend. 



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like the Dresden in the alternate block. Your quilt is going to be so beautiful! I'm very glad you're back, happy stitching!

Dorian said...

That's going to be sooo pretty Pat! I love the blues and yellows :)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Gosh, your fabrics for the scrappy are beautiful and really happy-looking. Scrappy and happy has a nice ring to it and it's one of my favorite color combinations. It feels good to be creative again, doesn't it? I'm sorry to hear about Mr. Scrapatch's wrist. Yikes. That had to have hurt a lot. But the worst is over now and he's on his way up and out of that valley. Good luck to him. I know he's got a good support system in you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne