Saturday, September 9, 2023

Scrappy Saturday Sewing ~ Dresden Plate Blocks

 


Today for Scrappy Saturday I am appliqueing my Dresden Plates

 to my alternate blocks in my

Scrappy Irish Chain & Dresden Plates Quilt



After pressing the fan blades circles and making the round center 
for the plates, I pressed and found the center of each block as I worked.


I used dots of applique glue top hold my pieces in place while I 
attached the plates to the blocks with a machine blanket stitch.


To make the green center for my plates, 
I used the machine interfacing and turning method.

Then I sewed the round green circle for the center of the plates 
and machine appliqued using the same method 

I used the interfaced and turning method to make my center plates.

Is anyone interested in a tutorial for this process?

If so, let me know in the comments.


Dresden Plate Block One is done!

Another thunderstorm is moving in so I am turning off my computer.

We had strong storms yesterday in Massachusetts 
and thousands in my state are without power. 
Here we had tree debris down in out yard but we did not lose power.

May everyone stay safe and well.



4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your Dresdens looks so beautiful! I'm familiar with the method you used so I don't need a tutorial. I'm excited every time I see these blocks, she's going to be awesome!

Dorian said...

That is so lovely Pat, can't wait to see the finished top. I hope you weathered thru the storms ok.

Linda said...

Love your quilt! I’m doing a scrappy version right now and would love to put the Dresden plates in it. Would you mind telling me the size blades you used?

Dee said...

Yes, would love a tutorial. I have made a few simple quilts and am ready for more detailed projects. I must add I LOVE getting your emails!!!