Sunday, March 22, 2020

Adventures of a SAHASQ ~ Stay-At-Home-and Sew-Quilter


I am a SAHASQ  - Stay-At-Home-and-Sew-Quilter.
I live in a Scrapatch.

Yesterday, National Quilting Day here was a stay at home and  sew day,
which is a typical day for me.

It was also a stay at home and search my stash day
to find just the right fabrics for a new quilty project.


After auditioning several different colors and backgrounds ... 


all of which Quilty Kitty Maestro did not approve ... 

I decided it had to be yellow.


Maestro must have agreed because she decided to go watch birdievision 
at the feeders outside the open south facing window.

The Clothworks Sunflowers fabrics,  which is out of print, have been in my stash many years 
and were purchased at my favorite local quilt shop when they went on clearance.
The shop owner actually alerted me they were going into the sale section
because she knew how much I liked the fabric line and had made a quilt with them.



There was no yardage of either of the gorgeous  yellows in that fabric line  by that time
so I had to do some serious stash spelunking in the darkest regions 
of my fabric closet to find a yellow that was just the right color
and would play nice with the other fabrics.
I did have a few to choose from as this warm golden yellow is my favorite color.
The yellow fabric is an old line,  Kaufmann Fusions  5573 and is also out of print.

The time has come to sew this stash fabric. 

My quilty muse and kitties are now happy with my choices
and I am sewing.

More photos of my new quilt in progress coming soon.

Happy Stay-At-Home-Quilting
Stay well and safe. 


5 comments:

Chantal said...

Gosh I love the fabrics in the first picture. So vibrant and sunny. That's going to be so much fun playing with these. Enjoy! ;^)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous I can't wait to see what you make with them.

Dorian said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilty progress my friend.

Calicojoan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Calicojoan said...

Oh, if only I could spell!LOL!!
I had so hoped to make one this weekend, but I have been recruited to make masks for a local hospital staff. I do plan on doing this soon though. Thanks for the wonderful tutorials!