Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Freebie Christmas Countdown # 10 ~ Decorating the Outdoors with Wildlife Gifts


Gifting Gifts of Love for Winter Wildlife Friends

My mother always told me her grandmother told her,
"Feed the birds and you will never go hungry." 
My great grandmother survived epidemic and famine 
and being cast out of her homeland with only one younger sister 
when she lost the rest of her family
and she helped raise my mother.
My mother taught me to string popcorn, 
make peanut butter pinecones 
and suet balls and decorate a tree outdoors. 








and 




May your Christmas be Merry
and your New Year filled with birdsong. 

3 comments:

MaggieOz said...

A family tradition well worth keeping .Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a wonderful new year filled with birdsongs.You would love our bird life here in OZ.xxxx

Farm Quilter said...

Love feeding the birds! I have suet out there for the winter for the birds. We enjoy watching them. Merry Christmas!

Robin said...

Thanks for the reminder. This is something I always did with my children but that's was 20 yr since they found their own lives and grandchildren are far away. We tend to not do all the nature related winter activites we used to. Tomorrow on Christmas, nature will get gifts also.