Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The Daily Blog for 2019 ~ Day 365 of 365



Today is the last day of the year,
 a time to reflect, give thanks and look forward.

At the beginning of 2019 I decided to challenge myself:

"I am going to make an effort to post everyday for 365.
Most days may just be a photo or short message.

My plans are to take things one day at a time
and one stitch at a time for 2019.


I have resolved not to make any resolutions 
but to sew and stitch whatever catches my interest at any given time ... 
which is pretty much what I always do in my sewing happy place."

Sewing and stitching whatever caught my interest was an easy resolution.

Finding something to post everyday was not always easy.

I have always been an introvert and 
and have never thought of myself as an interesting person 
with a lot to say that others might actually care to see or read.

I do thank my readers for following along on my small daily endevours.

There has been lots of fabric.


There is always lots of fabric.

So I end as I shall begin again in 2020.

These are the pretties that have landed on my cutting table today,

some old, some very new.

The newest, my last fabric purchase of 2019 ... 


This fabric is 


by 




"Il y a tellement de choses inspirantes autour de nous!"

Her site is an amazing place of color and wonder.
It is in French, but has a translation button if your need it.
My French, which is the language of my maternal great grandparents,
 is not good, but I was surprised by how much I could comprehend 
without translating.

Odile's wonderful designs speaks for themselves. 


Maestro and I do not know what we are sewing with these yet.

We are dreaming and musing and looking forward 
to all the quilty adventures
that 2020 will bring.

Thank you for following along.

May you and yours have a safe and happy New Year's Eve! 

<3 


7 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You did an awesome job posting daily, and sharing some fabulous fabrics, and patterns.

Karen said...

The new animal fabric is very intriguing. Oh so pretty. And the flying geese blocks made with your fabrics work so well using them.

Farm Quilter said...

Have a blessed and creative 2020!! Off to test my non-existent French!!

VA said...

I have enjoyed your posts and seeing your kitties and look forward to seeing your creations in 2020. Happy New Year!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! I agree - you have done an amazing job at posting throughout 2019. I've enjoyed seeing the kitties, learning about you, and seeing all the great projects you've shared. Happy New Year to you and your family. ~smile~ Roseanne

Lindah said...

I am new to your blog this year of 2019 and have enjoyed it very much. I admire folks who can write a daily post consistently and with verve and interest.
Happy New Year 2020 to you and yours.

LA Paylor said...

posting every day is a cool thing to do. It will teach you a lot I bet, and I'll have to make sure to keep up with your blog. A picture of the kittens would be enough some days, they are so heartwarmingly cute. That fabric is so pretty as is... I studied french in high school (picking up a spanish accent as our teacher of french was Cuban) and again when I lived in Canada. I don't think I can speak it but have an appreciation of it. LeeAnna