Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pieced Backing ~ Jelly Glazed Hearts Table Runner


I have had a reader request as to how I pieced the backing





I cut one  Home Oat Quilt Panel  
into four of these double units
which measure 12.5" by 8.5" 
and used three and saved this one for another project.


I sewed the three panel pieces together into a long strip and 


 from a half yard of Home Oat Script Fabric
I cut four pieces,
each measuring 30.5" by 6" 
then I sewed them into two long strips 
and sewed one on the top and one on the bottom of the pieced panel strip.


For the ends of my backing I cut the scroll fabric from the top and bottom of the panel
into two 19.5" by 3.5" strips 
and I sewed them to the ends to complete my backing.


I am home now and here is a photo of the backing on my dining room table.
I chose these colors to match my chairs and best tablecloth.
I wanted it neutral to show off my dishes.
I am really happy with the result and will use the back side up for sitting down to meal.


I will show off the hearts when it is less likely to get a spill.

I really love how this quilt worked up.

Thanks to all for the kind words on my quilty efforts.
<3 

1 comment:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The runner and the fabric is just wow!