Sunday, December 29, 2019

Meowy Catmiss and Mewyear, Mewy'all!


"Hello.  I am Nutmeg here saying meow y'all. 
Merry Kitty Christmas and Happy Kitty Mew Year!

Christmas was a fun one here in the scratchingpatch.
There were lots o toys and catnip for all."


"My sister Maestro likes this one with a fluffy feather for her to lick and chew."


 "Katniss and I both chose this warm and fuzzy fleece blankie 
which someone thinks he gave to Mommy but it has cats printed on it 
so clearly it is for us cats, right?
It is mine, really, but I have to share it with Katniss,
 because neither one of us will give it up.
Katniss thinks she is the boss because she in oldest and was here first
and Mommy keeps telling me I have to be respectful."


"Mommy calls this photo 'Nutmiss Kisses' or something mushy like that."


"Mommy calls this photo 'Who, Me?' 
or something accusatory like that
because maybe I was behind the Christmas Tree 
and maybe there may have been 
an ornament ...  or two or three ... 
that I just maybe have happened to find on the floor
and I maybe was very gently moving them out of the way 
because Mommy said that they would
bring the Kitty Tree in off the front porch after The Tree came down.
 The porch was nice in the summer but was so cold 
lately that I was turning into a frozen catsicle 
when I tried to curl up there for a catnap.
Besides, they closed the door on me if I dashed out there and tried to visit the kitty tree because they said they were 'keeping the heat in'
when really they were keeping the cat meowout.
I call this photo, 'Mommy, you promised!'
Really I was just trying to be helpful."


"I call this photo, 'Mommy and Daddy got a clue"
and got the right tree back in this corner.
The nice warm furry one I can climb and scratch and enjoy."


"Katniss, you have me to thank."


"Maestro, you, too, can now enjoy the great cat tree indoors.
This place will be rocking for cabin fever season."


"For now my work is done here.
Time for a cozy cat nap.
Purrrrrrrrrrr!"

"Have a Meowy New Year, Mew y'all!" 

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Spoiled kitties. Mine would ignore such a thing - prefer a box, or bag, or tote, or fresh laundry from the dryer.

Farm Quilter said...

I can see why they were anxious to get the kitty tree back - it's awesome!!!