Friday, December 27, 2019

Maybe the Start of Something in 2020




These fabrics from my stash are 
Dandi Annie by Robin Pickens for Moda Fabrics


If wishes were quilts I would have made a thousand quilts!
 I love the quote in this Moda photo.

Right now I wishing to sew a  



Here is the info as posted ...

"Wednesday, January 15!
Block Heads 3 will launch with 14 Block Heads and a total of 56 blocks. There will be weeks with just one block and one Moda Designer in the spotlight, and there will be weeks where we're going to keep you really, really busy.
There will be a few new wrinkles - more details to follow soon - but here's what you need to know for now.
STARTING DATE - Wednesday, January 15.
BLOCK SIZES - most of the blocks can be made in different sizes and YOU get to pick the size block you want to make.
SETTINGS - as it was for Block Heads 1, we'll provide a couple of ideas along the way, but each Designer will probably be doing something different. (And you know what that means - some will have a plan from Week 1 and others will make it up as they go along. That's the best part of it!)
YARDAGE - this is impossible to accurately calculate because you're getting to choose the size of your blocks and quilt. If you want a really big quilt, start with at least 30 FQs and 7 to 8 yards of background. Small blocks for a smaller quilt - you'll need less than that.
INSTRUCTIONS - the links to the PDFs will be on the Designer blogs for the first couple of days. We will not upload them to the Files until Friday.
The Designers will be posting the link to their blog as soon as it's published - they'll include tips, information and perhaps something extra. (They're busy making plans!)
What have I forgotten?
Block Heads 2 Files - The archive for the Block Instructions and Designer Blog Posts can be found here - http://blog.modafabrics.com/block-heads-2/.
We'll be back soon with more. "

I was not sure I wanted to participate
as I have never finished a Blockheads 1 or 2 quilt.
I like following along as I love looking at all the quilts.

Then I saw this image posted
and I realized I have some of the fabric on the right in my stash.


 Maestro and I decided these fabrics have the paw of approval for this quilt.

I love the colors in this fabric line.
The birds in the field of dandelions are my favorite fabrics in this line.
I would most likely also add some other stash fabrics
in the right colors and tones to the blocks.

The info says 7 to 8 yards of background for a large quilt.

That is a lot background fabrics so my background will be scrappy
 if I make a bed sized quilt.


I very recently purchased these gray prints with the thought of maybe using them
as a scrappy background for a quilt.

They are from the


 Memoirs Collection  by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics


I put them together and this is what I got.

The fabrics are very different in style,
one modern and one traditional,
one bright and one dark.


I think this little bird is telling me to sew them together and see what I get.

What would you do? 

Would you put these together in a quilt?

Will you be sewing along with Moda Blockheads 3? 

Always interested in hearing my readers thoughts and plans ... :-) 



4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Pat, love your Broe Home for Christmas shirts and the lovely Christmas you shared with family. Meanwhile I dream of having the piecing skills to make these Moda blocks. I love seeing what others make and admire them so much. Meanwhile I love the Memoirs fabric but all you show here is lovely. So happy stitching from me in the brand new year on the horizon!

moosecraft said...

First....I LOOOOOOVE this Dandi Annie fabric! I purchased a FQ bundle....and wish I had purchased more! Hesitant to cut into at the moment...so waiting for the "perfect" project to use it in...
Second...I like the neutral backing you are trying to decided on....for the reasons you stated, one being the contrast to the front.
I won't be participating in Blockheads...but do enjoy following along on everyone else's progress! Have fun with it!

Dorian said...

Oh, lovely fabrics Ms Pat! I am not sure if I would use the green/red parts of the gray. That might not work. Other than that, I think those fabrics all will play nicely together, my favorite color for a background :) Have fun! I don't think I'll be joining in.

nps1337 said...


ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ มือสอง ราคาถูก ที่สุดในไทย | โทร 063–564–1914
Living Plus : จำหน่าย และ ให้เช่า ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ ที่สุดในไทย ขนาดตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ มาตราฐาน ระดับสากล บริการจัดส่งทั่วประเทศ
Living Plus : รับออกแบบ ไอเดียสร้าง บ้านคอนเทนเนอร์, ร้านคอนเทนเนอร์, คอนเทนเนอร์สำนักงาน, คอนเทนเนอร์ผับ และ คอนเทนเนอร์ร้านเหล้า จากตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ ที่กำลังได้รับความนิยมสูงสุดในสมัยนี้ ด้วยความทันสมัยและโมเดิร์น.
รับให้คำปรึกษา เรื่องการออกแบบ ดีไซน ์และ ไอเดีย บ้านน็อคดาวน์มือสอง, แบบบ้านชั้นเดียว, ห้องเก็บของสําเร็จรูป ขาย และ ให้เช่า คอนเทนเนอร์ ราคาถูก สุดล้ำสมัย.
ไม่ว่าลูกค้าต้องการสร้างบ้าน ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์สำนักงาน ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ร้านกาแฟ หรือกำลังมองหา ตู้คอนเทนเนอร์ให้เช่า เราคือผู้ให้บริการที่พร้อมการันตีมาตรฐาน ใช้งานคุ้มค่า ราคาประหยัด เลือกซื้อที่นี่ไม่มีผิดหวัง.