Monday, December 9, 2019

Jelly Glazed Hearts ~ Fat Quarter Shop Quiltalong


At last I can show this lovely tablerunner.

This is a free pattern!



Click Here for Free Pattern PDF from FQS



Free Video Tutorial From FQS Here





This is a long runner and will be a good size for my dining table 
at home. Here it is on my daughter's table for four
 in her bright dining nook. 


It is a two sided table runner.


For the backing I cut This Panel from the




Home Collection by Kathy Schmitz for Moda Fabrics.
This Home Jelly Roll may be found here


For the background I chose this speckled
Creamy Rice Paper for the Home Collection


I used a half yard of This Fabric to complete the back of the quilt.


Photos do not do this fabric justice.
This color is so warm that it glows golden.
This fabric is not metallic,
though it almost looks it.


For my quilting thread I chose King Tut "Sahara Shadows"
which is a lovely variegated thread that is shades or brown to gold.
I have had this large spool for a few years and have used it on a few other projects.


For  quilting the center of the heart blocks,
I used freezer paper templates.

Click Here for How To Quilt Using this Method

I cut one large one and stitched around it on all four heart blocks and then I cut it down three times to make the graduated hearts.

When using these templates I press them onto the fabric with a medium heat for a temporary hold.


For tips on how I quilted the candleflames at the top of the hearts and the straight
line quilting Click Here


My binding fabric is a half yard of this wonderful
Slate Column from the Home Collection

I stitch around the motif, 
not on the paper.
For the border I did straight line stitching with my 
walking foot.


I love this limited neutral palette.
which is far from my usual fabric choices.

I have a lot of jelly roll and am planning to make
a throw quilt to match my table runner .

Thanks for visiting me today.

I hope you enjoy making your own
Jelly Glazed Hearts quilt.

6 comments:

Kathy E. said...

This is such a lovely runner in the non-traditional Valentine colors! It can be used any time of year and will be cherished always! Your quilting idea to use templates and the panel for the back is a great one. Awesome work!

Alison V. said...

This is so cute!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I saw this pattern in my inbox from Fat Quarter Shop. I enjoy seeing this pattern finished in a non-Valentine fabric palette. It looks fantabulous.

Farm Quilter said...

I'm not usually drawn to browns, but your runner is gorgeous!!! I like that it isn't in Valentine colors and can be used all year. I like the way you used to panel to make it two-sided...but it would be hard for me to have the heart side down!!

Dorian said...

Thats beautiful my Friend. You did such a great job on the quilting. I love how you use a pin for the diamond shape. I hope you are home, safe and sound.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous. I love the fabrics you used and the quilting really adds to the pattern.