Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Sitting at Home and Christmas Stitching


I am making progress with my Vintage Christmas Cross Stitching.

I started this project last December and after much thought ... 
I decided to use the blue Aida 11 that had been in my closet for years.


The pattern is 

This year when it came time to stitch the motifs,
I decided to limit my color palette to white, red, green, golden yellow
 and gingerbread brown.

My motifs are a variation of those in the pattern.
Some of the changes are intentional,
some are a "design option" created by a counting miscue,
like the left handed mitten.

It is not perfect but I am enjoying the process.

I hope to have this done before I put away my Christmas decorations this season.
That may or may not happen as I have an image in my head that will
involve extra stitching and finishing steps.

Happy Stitching! 


3 comments:

Lana said...

I like your changes, especially the blue Aida cloth. Cute.

Anonymous said...

I love the modifications you made to this pattern. I'm stitching the same one but in the suggested pattern and colors. So cute!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I like the changes...especially to the blue aida. I think it helps make the little motifs stand out. I always enjoy when a stitcher makes changes to make a project their own...intentional or not. It is one of the things that makes us stitchers artists. Happy stitching!