Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Daily Blog ~ Day 2


Adding Color to my Vintage Christmas Cross Stitch Sampler!


I completed the frame last night.

I decided to do the borders first this time after 
I made a small count error on one of the border frames
of the Fall Sampler.

This method works much better for me
and I have saved the best part for last!
Win = Win



Cross stitching again has been such a pleasant past time for me 
that I am adding to my 2019 works.
I found these out-of-print  Snowman of the Month
cross stitch cards from Curtis Boehringer
and plan to stitch one a month
on the same blue Aida 11 background.


I find I can do this for a few minutes at a time before my eyes blur and hands cramp.
So this will be slow stitching.

Midnight has found me putting in a few more X's most nights lately,
and counting my blessings.

You may have noticed "The Daily Blog" title to this post.
I am going to make an effort to post everyday for 365.
Most days may just be a photo or short message.

My plans are to take things one day at a time
and one stitch at a time for 2019.

I have resolved not to make any resolutions 
but to sew and stitch whatever catches my interest at any given time ... 
which is pretty much what I always do in my sewing happy place. 

What are your plans for 2019?

Have a Happy Quilty New Year ... ♥️



4 comments:

Liz Horgan said...

That will be a beautiful winter sampler! I love snowmen!
I've been working on a sampler of quilt blocks for years! I would do in the car when we went on long trips(and I wasn't driving!). I have one block left and you'd think I would just finish it up, but I haven't...
Happy New Year!

Suze said...

Great job, Pat! I think white is one of the hardest colors to make look great. I think it's difficult to make it cover well. I find the threads seem to separate easier for me and the coverage isn't as pretty as with other colors of thread. Maybe I'm just pickier when it comes to white. I just bought the fabric for two cross stitch projects. I'm hoping that my new glasses will do the trick. I did three, yes three, of the same pattern. It is a nativity scene. It's Mary adoring Jesus in the manager and then Joseph is in the background in 1/2 stitch. I did one for my mother, one for my mother-in-law, and one for an aunt-in-law. They are all deceased and I did not get any one of them back. Of course, when you give a gift it is with no expectation. It is done is lovely shades of blue/green and wines mainly. I'm going to do it on a light blue fabric with just a tinge of turquoise. Then I'm going to do a closeup of an eagle's face for my son who is 41 and an Eagle Scout. I'm really crazy = I'm going to do it on black fabric. I'm doing each of the projects on 14 count. AI think each of them call for 28 even weave over 2, so it's the same difference. I think aida is more consistent and makes it easier when skipping stitches not to get off a line of stitches. Your woek is amazing.

Needled Mom said...

That looks so nice. I like your resolutions!!

Kathleen said...

You have such a nice set up for your stitching. The sampler is going to be so pretty when you get done. And I absolutely love the Snowman of the Month patterns you have found. Were they in your own collection, or did you come across them at an estate sale?