Monday, January 28, 2019

Sewing ~ With Cat


See the look in those eyes that say "Mine!"

See those claws?


See those little sharp teeth?

Maestro and I are playing with these pretty fabrics today ...


We are working on a project I am not supposed to show until Valentine's Day.

If you are working on it, too, you are probably wondering 
what part of the pattern called for this cut.

The answer is "No where."

I am doing my usual obsessive, compulsive thing 
where I have to put my own twist on the boxed design.
I actually prefer to call it "being creative"
but it is what it is.


The cat knows and she is watching.


Maestro is doing her own thing.
She is guarding her fabric.


This cat is not sleeping.


She has one eye open.


Ready to snatch her fabric back if I try to move it.

Maestro is actually a very gentle cat and she never uses her claws or teeth with me.


Maestro is just playing with me.

We are good buddies and love to sew together.

<3 

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

She makes a good sewing companion.

Danette said...

I am sewing this pattern, also. In fact, I finished the top this weekend. I do like it. My kitty didn't help me very much.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing your cat. Makes me miss mine less!

Suze said...

Your black kitties are beautiful against the fabric backdrop. I miss my black kitties.

Susan said...

The name Maestro suits your kitty. He looks like he is dressed for a concert. My hubby thinks she is a beautiful cat. Reminds me of one of mine that crossed the rainbow bridge many years ago.

Farm Quilter said...

Reminds me of my daughter's cat who was my sewing companion when I was house/pet sitting while she was deployed. He loved the needle on the sewing machine and there were a few times when I thought I was going to sew his paw into my quilt! I love putting my own spin on quilt patterns too...looking forward to seeing what you create!

Rosa said...

It's having fun and the block is gorgeous.

claudia said...

Maestro is a beautiful cat. It's a good thing you are buddies, I could only imagine what would happen if you weren't and you tried to take her fabric!

Susan said...

Maestro is a beautiful cat, and sounds like a great personality. You have to love a quilter cat! Best of luck salvaging all the parts you need for your project. =)

Qltr89 said...

Maestro is too cute! He reminds me of my 18 year old cat that we had to put to sleep last Tuesday. I don’t have a quilting buddy anymore. I am stuck!