Sunday, January 13, 2019

Is there a Secret Fabric Homing Instinct?



“Perhaps there is some secret sort of homing instinct 
in books that brings them to their perfect readers. 
How delightful if that were true.” 
... Juliet to Dawsey
― Mary Ann Shaffer, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society



I like to think this true of fabric, too.

This half yard bundle jumped into my stash 
when I was looking for fabrics
to fussy cut for my POTC Obsession.

I had not read the book 
or watched the movie at that time.  
In fact, I had never heard of it.


I just fell in love with this focus floral!

It is a called "Juliet."

I just had to look for more ...



Soon this lovely Guernsey Kit found its way into my stash.


Then I found these lovelies at
where they wisely tuck a few charms in with your order.

These charms are from Caroline by Brenda Riddle


Here is my lovely Brenda Riddle stash now.

The Guernsey jelly roll is intended for a Jelly Roll Rug

The Caroline bundle with its lovely brown fabric is destined for 
the pretty bird quilt pattern


I love these fabrics!

How delightful to think that fabrics may have a honing instinct to find their perfect home.

Do you believe fabrics find their way to you?

8 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I am in love--with that fat quarter bundle and that pattern--
have fun using both--
luv, di

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness that is all just the sweetest fabric!! And I love the bird pattern too.

Lee said...

Yes I am a believer! That bird pattern is lovely!

Suze said...

I think we know what fabric, patterns and books to which we are instinctually are drawn. We know our likes and dislikes. Some are stronger than others. I think we are usually drawn to the blogs of people who have like instrests - or ones who have interests that we like and feel we do not have the talent. There is definitely a reason.

Sherry said...

Luscious fabric, just up my alley. Will look forward to seeing your finished projects. The patterns and fabric certainly compliment each other.

Cindy said...

oh! those fabrics are so pretty, Ms. Pat! You have such a good eye for beautiful fabrics, my dear friend!

Farm Quilter said...

Please!! I visit an online shop and I do believe my computer becomes possessed because so many items hop into my cart and when I go into a quilt shop it is as though my arms become a vacuum that just suck the bolts off the wall onto the cutting table! I'm the same way when I visit the Humane Society, but hubby has veto power there, so I stopped going!

KaHolly said...

Such precious fabric! And what fun that it all has a future purpose.