Thursday, January 31, 2019

My LOVEin Heart



My LOVEin Heart 

I loved this sew along idea and posted the pattern link HERE



Found some fabrics to sew along HERE



Fell in love with this creative



Went back to the fabrics to look for  red for the heart 
and a pink for the star
and decided on the red dot for the background.


Played some more with the design and the fabrics and the kitties HERE


Master Quilt Kitty Katniss supervised on this one.


Together we decided on these fabrics,
adding the gray mottled crackle for the border points
to bring out the gray in the print
and make the heart stand out.
The small heart print on the left will be the binding.


Played some more with the layout and the kitties.


Did some sewing.


Here is my completed top!

My top measures 42" square 
including the 5" floral border.

I used the charm quilt size pattern

Here is what I cut to make the heart variation:

Background Fabric (Red on White Dot):  
12 squares 4 and  1/2" 
9 squares 5" for the Half Square Triangles
1 square 5 and 1/2" for the Half Quarter Square Triangle

Center Square (Floral) 
2 squares 5" for HSTs

Heart Fabric (Red) 
6 squares 4 and 1/2 "
9 squares 5" (HSTs)
1 square 5 and 1/2" (HQST)

Center Star Square Fabric (Pink)
6 squares 5"  (HSTs)

Outer Star Points (Gray Crackle)
6 squares 4 and 1/2"
11 squares 5" (HST)
1 square 5 and 1/2" (HQST)

Border (Floral)
4 width of fabric strips 5" 

I am really happy with this one.


I had intended to use the Hello Sweetheart Charm pack
and the scrappy version of the original layout,
but this has now been saved for another project.

Love my stash! 

Hope to be quilting it soon!

:-) 


4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This came out lovely! I shared with a friend who is looking for a wallhanging for a wedding shower gift using a heart - this might be just the one.

Quilting Babcia said...

This is so sweet, just perfect for a little granddaughter or a wheelchair quilt for a nursing home resident, or just about anyone!

Calicojoan said...

Your helper is too cute. Perfect block for the season too!

Laura said...

Very pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing.