Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Dither ... Dither ... Dither


The fabric squares are Gurnsey from my treasured stash of


I need to choose a background fabric.

This can be so difficult for me. 

After going through my stash 
I found these four possibilities,
in terms of yardage and colors.

(A) upper left ... gray dot
(B) lower left ... blue doily fabric from Caroline
(C) upper right ... aqua dot
(D) lower right ... Kona Snow

The pattern  is 


I will be adding the browns from the Caroline bundle 
for the beaks of the birds.

I took (A) the gray dot out 
right after I took the first photo.
No rainy sky for these pretty birds.

Remaining choices ... 


(B)  Caroline Blue Doily
This was my original thought. 



(C) Aqua Scattered Dot 
This is a new acquisition. 


(D) Kona Snow
This is an old reliable staple in my stash.

Sorry the photos are gray
It is a gray day here, rainy and the snow is getting slushy for a day 
or two before we freeze again.

I am sewing the red and white fabrics as I dither. 

Which would you choose?

Suggestions welcome ... :-) 

9 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

It's going to be a beauty no matter which one you choose. Voting for "C" just cause I love dots.

Sue said...

Aqua Scattered Dot. There's always room for dotty fabric and it won't detract from the other lovely fabrics.

Farm Quilter said...

Another vote for Aqua Scattered Dots. #2 choice would be Kona Snow. Of course, you know, your quilt, your choice!! I'm looking forward to seeing which one you choose to use!

Susan said...

I vote for the aqua dot or the white.

OhioLori said...

I love the Aqua Dots Best too! :)

Laura said...

Aqua scattered dots because there is just a little bit of texture in the print. The other dotty one is too regular and would distract from your blocks. Good luck with the choice. Auditioning fabrics is fun!

Sherry said...

Will look forward to seeing whatever you choose but am also partial to the aqua scattered dot.

claudia said...

Aqua Scattered Dots. (Any of the choices are going to look great though!)

Barb Neiwert said...

Aqua Scattered Dots, too!