Friday, August 20, 2021

30 Days of Improv ~ Week 3 ~ Triangles

Here are my five blocks for 


Week 3 ~ Triangles @ Broadcloth Studio


I started this 30 Days of Improv QAL here. 

This is a fun sew along. 


I started the week by free cutting triangles from my layer cake pieces.
The blue steel grunge in my setting fabric.


One of the daily prompts called for using scalene triangles,
which have three uneven sides and tree different angles. 


I sewed these to make four random quarters and trimmed. 


Then I trimmed the long edge of the halves to have a 1/4" seam allowance.


This is the result.


Then I trimmed to form a small block. 


I am really enjoying the randomness of these blocks.
The improv sewing is a nice break from the precise sewing of my other block projects. 

Looking forward to Week 4.

Have a happy quilty weekend! 


1 comment:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm glad you're having fun with the 30 days of improv. This quilt is going to be interesting, happy stitching!