Saturday, August 21, 2021

Scrappy Saturday Sewing & Battening Down the Hatches

 


This has been Week 3 Triangles for 30 Days of Improv


After I cut my free form triangles ...


... and sewed my five blocks ... 


... I sewed together the triangle scraps in my basket in random order.
If the scrap fits, I sews it. 


As I was trimming and squaring my block, 


... the idea popped into my head to sew a triangle shaped block.


As I did not have enough scraps left in my basket to sew the top of the triangle,
I decided to use my equilateral triangle ruler to cut one large triangle from one of my layer cake squares. 


I sewed this to the top of my random scraps block.



I had to add a few more bits to the edges to get a perfect triangle
and the I trimmed.  I will add setting triangles of the blue background fabric when I lay out my quilt. 

The rest of today will be spent taking down outside canopies and swings and lawn furniture and tucking them in the sheds.  Then we will be taking down the hanging baskets and setting them and the window boxes against the house and other sheltered places. 

Time to batten down the hatches as the hurricane churning up the east coast is headed for a direct hit on our quilty corner of the world.  

This morning we filled the feeders so the birds could get a good meal ahead of the storm.  Then we will take these down, too, and put away anything that could become flying debris.

As we are inland, we will most likely just get a lot of rain and some gusty winds.

Hopefully, our power will stay on.
If not, I shall be hand stitching by window and candle light.


May you and yours stay safe and well and free of harm.



7 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your improv. Sounds like you are getting prepped. Make sure you have plenty of food, water, batteries etc just in case.

claudia said...

It sounds as if you are good "scouts" being prepared. At any rate stay safe and let us know how you are!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Hope the storm passes you by without too much damage.

Dorian said...

Looks like you are having fun with your improv! You stay safe, I hope the storm isn't too bad.

piecefulwendy said...

Hope your weather doesn't get too bad. I'm liking your improv work, such fun to see!

O'Quilts said...

LOve your scrapy project .great colors and spaces.
I hope you are safe and sound. Maybe by now, it has passed?
Thank you for the nice comment on my blog xo

LA Paylor said...

be safe, love the improv work