Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tuesday's To-Do ~ 30 Days of Improv Week 2


 Week 2 ~ #30daysofimprovqal ~ Stripes

This week we are playing with our strips for the improv challenge.

I gathered what was left of my scraps from last week ... 

and there really were not many.

So I cut a nice pile of colorful strips of varying widths and wonkyness. 


Day 1 called for sewing strip sets by alternating directions of or stitching.

I have been doing this for strip sets for many years.


I sewed in pairs. 


Then I paired them up and sewed in the opposite direction. 


Then I pressed and sewed some more.


At the end of my sewing time, I had these strip sets 


Foe my Day 1 Block I just trimmed one down the size of my Week 1 Blocks.

I trimmed the cut-off ends, too, for another block.

I am really enjoying this improv challenge.

The free form sewing is a nice break from making the fussy sampler blocks.

~~~

Time to review my weekly goals list:

~~~

Last Week's Goals:

1) Make more Kinship Fusion Sampler Blocks ... no

2) Make the Weekly Summer in the Garden quilt block next Monday ... no

3) Continue my Sew Sampler Sell Off and de-stash efforts ... yes

4) Make more Cozy & Magical Sampler Spree Blocks ... yes

5) Slow Stitch of my project of choice.  Photo coming soon ... no 

6) Make the blocks for the weekly prompt for the  30 Days of Improv Blocks ... yes

7)  Have fun in my happy sewing place ... yes ... I started a new project ... Bats & Boos QAL ~ Started Here

Score: 4 yes/3 no

Calling this a win because I really had fun sewing. 

~~~

New Goals for the Week:

1)  Make more Kinship Fusion Sampler Blocks

2) Catch up with the weekly Summer in the Garden quilt block next Monday.

3) Make more Cozy & Magical Sampler Spree Blocks.

4) Slow Stitch of my project of choice.  Photo coming soon.

5) Make the blocks for the weekly prompt for the  30 Days of Improv Blocks 

6)  Complete Step 2 of the Bats & Boos Mystery QAL

7) Replace spent annuals with seasonal mums in my window boxes.


I am Linking Up with 


To-Do Tuesday @ chrisknits

I am enjoying this weekly review of my sewing projects.

I am not feeling bad about "The Score" as my biggest goal is always

 to have fun in my happy quilty place. 

Have a Happy Quilty Week! 



4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm curious as to what your improv quilt will look like when finished, happy stitching!

chrisknits said...

I would call it a win too! Thanks for lining up with To-Do Tuesday, good luck with your list for next week!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your improv blocks are looking so good!!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your improv blocks are really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with them.