Sunday, August 15, 2021

Slow Stitching Sunday ~ Fall Leaves Time of Year


Every year at this time, we add some fall mums to our garden 

and I pull out this quilt and do some very slow stitching.


Here is this quilt on August 15, 2020

This is the quilt before I started the embroidered leaves:


There are 64 background squares in this Schnibbles quilt top
completed Here in August, 2012. 
I have been slowly embroidering free form leaves since then.
I add a few more embroidered leaves every year.

Linking up again this year with 




One year I will be finished.


Perhaps this will be the year. 

Happy Stitching! 

6 comments:

CathieJ said...

This quilt is definitely slow stitching, but who am I to comment. It took me 20 years to hand quilt the first quilt that I made. LOL. This is so pretty. I am not ready for Fall yet, because that means I have to go back to work. I am a teacher.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a very pretty fall quilt. I wouldn't have the patience to add a leaf or two a year. Happy stitching!

Dorian said...

Good morning Pat, your leaves are looking good. It's nice to have some hand stitching to do. Have a lovely day.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

This is such a pretty quilt and I loved reading that you hand stitch a few leaves each year. How wonderful to have to look forward to each autumn :)

Kim said...

There's no need to hurry. How wonderful your quilt will look with your free form, embroidered leaves. I love that you pull this quilt out every fall and stitch a few more leaves. Those fall mums look cheery.

Miaismine said...

What a wonderful fall tradition! You are quite the artist to free-form those leaves! I admired your work on this post. Your quilt is so pretty!