Thursday, August 19, 2021

I Like Thursday #107 ~ Rainy Day Smiles


 Welcome to I Like Thursday.

It is a rainy day today in the scrapatch 

which always makes this song play in my head ... 

"It's a Rainy Day Song @ Sesame Street, 1980

My oldest son loved Sesame Street and the kiddos sang this all the time. 

I really do not mind the rain as it has been hot and dry the last few days

and the gardens and trees need it. 


My roses are thriving this year and I am enjoying late blooms popping up in the green foliage. 

As it is Thursday, I am sharing the small joys in life with my friends,

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color


The kitties know how to spend a rainy day.

Sew do I ... 

It is triangles week @   30 Days of Improv  

Sew I shall spend the day inside in my happy place.


When I take and tea and biscuit break, I will enjoy perusing this magazine that Mr Scrapatch brought home from the store.


The cover quilt is nice, but this one is my favorite. 

This is APQ ~ October 2021

For my tea break I like herbal and plain wholegrain biscuits,

like these Oatcakes from Stockans in Orkney

I like tins to store them and I buy refills in a shop in the USA. 


I shall also be enjoying my new prescription bluelight progressive lens.

These are very helpful with my vision issues.

May you have a Happy Thursday!


8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I really like all your triangles...so colorful.
I get a new quilting magazine every other
month...lots of pretties to look at. I need to
go to the eye doctor for an exam...but I haven't
even paid off my glasses...600 plus dollars...yet!
So I'll wait until next year. Have a great day!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi lovely post. Tea with a biscuit is a mid afternoon snack here every day. Love the idea of oatcakes. That is a pretty quilt…are the colours peaches?

Bernie Kringel said...

Hi Pat - what a nice post. It made me want to come spend an afternoon inside with you listening to it rain, looking at a new quilt magazine (my hubs would never think to bring one home! Yay for you!!) and having tea. It sounds idyllic. I am having an iced coffee and catching up on blogs. We have a very nice cool day today. However the smoke just blew in so it is now gray and stinky outside. So many huge fires in CA, it is tragic. Thanks for the post!!

piecefulwendy said...

You have all the right things lined up for a rainy day. Your new glasses look very nice on you!

Dorian said...

Your yard is looking lovely Pat. I'm glad you are getting a bit of rain, please send it this way :) So glad your new glasses are working well for you!! Sleep tight.

PaintedThread said...

Those kitties are adorable!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

We have had some warm rainy days. We laugh because we have so many kitties. Outside means invasion of your personal space of the kitties. Glad your new glasses are working out. I am not too sure I like mine. Your roses are gorgeous. Mine are not doing well. They have some sort of beetle and I haven't had enough dry days to spray it so I am pretty sure it will be a total loss.

LA Paylor said...

what are bluelights??? they look cool. Never heard of those teacakes, I want some. Oh I had a visceral reaction to the huggy cats... I sighed outloud and made dh come see. your rail is a pretty aqua color, brightens your view with those flowers. We need rain to help clear the smoke and polution from our skies here