Thursday, August 5, 2021

I Like Thursday # 105 ~ Just Another Week in the Scrapatch

 


Welcome to my "I Like Thursday" post this week.

My  Rosa America, the "bicentennial" rose, is blooming again.

I can see this outside my open back door and it always makes me smile.


It is afternoon so I am late in posting today, because I was busy  playing with these improv squares and sewing this morning.


There are 5 day's of prompts for this  30 Days of Improv  

that are sent out on Sunday, so I got an early start.

This large block is for the 5th day, 

which called for sewing a large block 

from the squares we cut on Day 1 without a ruler. 

The week did not feel done after sewing this easy block though.

More tomorrow. 

~


My Maestro kitty helped me with my sewing this week. 

This photo was taken yesterday when the sun was shining, my window was open

 and we could enjoy the  bight zinnias in my window box.

Today it was raining and my window was closed to keep my wires from getting wet.

The air is starting to feel like the change in seasons will be arriving soon.

It makes me think of fall.

I love the colors and harvest and holidays of fall.

So I loved this panel when I saw it:

This is Black Cat Capers from Northcott Fabrics

and it looks so much like my little Maestro, I had to buy the panel

and some of the border print.

I also bought some Vanilla Grunge from Moda, which I one of my favorite backgrounds for Halloween fabrics. 


I bought this with my little nest egg from selling some of my Sew Sampler stuff.

I am enjoying de-stashing.  Someone else is very happy to have these items that I have decided I will never sew.


I also happened upon someone looking to purchase this Lori Holt Scrappy Planner from 2016.  I had it on a shelf in its original box.  I had only used one page before I decided this type of quilt planner was not for me.  It was easy to remove the single quilt design page as this is spiral bound.  I made the buyer aware it was missing and she was very happy to buy it.  Apparently it is a hard to find, high demand item. 
I sold it for what I paid for it plus postage.  I am not looking to make a lot of profit, just to get back what I paid to spend or save for another day.


The part of this planner that I liked the best were the patterns for these six scrappy quilts in the back of the book. 

~

My favorite free pattern find of the week is this


Bats & Boos Mystery Quilt and Stitch Along

 @ Fat Quarter Shop

The first step is up and I am seeing some pretty quilts and cross stitch in the making.  I saved and printed the pattern for the quilt but I am very undecided about taking on another project right now.

I do have everything in my stash I would need to sew or stitch.

~


Since it has been a little cooler, I have taken my sourdough starter jar out of the refrigerator and am reviving it.

Since this process always generates extra starter,  yesterday I baked my first loaf of bread since last spring. I was not sure the starter was lively enough and it was slow to rise, but when I put it in the oven it surprised me by more than doubling in size.  This is a much larger loaf of sourdough bread than I usually make.

Mr. Scrapatch and I are enjoying it toasted. 

I think I shall have a slice and a cup of tea and catch up with my friends,

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

to share the small joys of life. 

Happy Thursday!



7 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Mmmm... fresh bread. Always something to like!

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, that bread looks really good, and I love the look of your improv! What a pretty rose to greet you each time you look out your door!

Gretchen Weaver said...

We are still in the throes of summer so no bread baking here! I'm glad you're having fun with the improv quilt. Your rose is beautiful, happy stitching!

Dorian said...

I'm glad you are finding homes for your boxes Pat! Wow, your sourdough bread looks great, good job! And your improv is looking good too, glad you are enjoying it. Have a lovely day.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Yum fresh bread. Unfortunately my started died recently. But maybe later on I will start again. Love your improv blocks and of course I think you and I channel the same fabric style a lot of the time. The panel with Maestro is fabulous. I love all the new panel patterns I see out. I think that one would make an awesome one block wonder also.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

You have a lot to love! This flower is beautiful, as the improv blocks, cute cat and yummy bread!

LA Paylor said...

so far I've resisted jumping into sourdough... it requires too much care! I'm a moody baker and manoman it's too hot to run an oven now. I just printed out the bats pattern and love grunge fabrics too. I'd like some yardage of the vanilla grunge.