Saturday, August 7, 2021

Scrappy Happy Improv Sewing

 


Week 1 of my 30 Days of Improv QAL blocks are done!

I will probably use more of the Blue Steel Grunge

 to make these blocks fit together in perfect harmony. 


After I sewed Day 5 Block Posted Here

I realized that I almost had enough blocks to make a 

large square block for Improv Squares week. 

So I gathered my scraps and cut-offs from my previous blocks


 and sewed one more 5.5" scrappy square block.

This is one of my favorite improv blocks of the week.

It was fun playing with the small scraps.

I am ready for tomorrow's email giving me the improv challenge of the week.

and looking forward to sewing.

In the meantime, I will be catching up on some blocks for other projects

and enjoying the warm weather and great outdoors and my family.


What are you sewing this weekend? 

May you and yours be safe and well. 



2 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Looks like you're having fun with this challenge! All of the week's blocks would make a super looking big block all sewn together. I have Friday's block to catch up with, then take a stand-back look at my progress. It's a challenge that is freeing, in a way, but kind of difficult for some (me!) who like to follow the guidelines of measure, cut straight and square off. Next week will be interesting!

Dorian said...

Good morning Pat, your improv blocks are all looking really nice! I'm glad you're having fun with this project. I finished playing with some 9 patches and set that top aside and am figuring out what to make next.