Thursday, February 7, 2019

A Stitchy Challenge


Quilter's Cottage Stitch Along
Week 1 is Done!

A day late and a "design element" variation in the center
but I am calling it good! 

This stitch along has weekly goals and a random prize each week.


Last night I finished here. 
The center gate and gateposts are one square too high,
but I am calling it "fine by me." 


With bleary eyes I progressed to here
before I noticed that the pickets in my fence were too close together.
This had to go.
So my night ended with a little frog going "ribbit ribbit."


For this project I am using a new frame,




I bought an 8" square one a while ago but this is the first time I have used it.

It is very light and holds the cloth taut
and it packs up neatly in a plastic ziplock bag to carry along with me.


I have now purchased an extension kit to make it larger.


Here it is 8" by 11"
and I will add the other extension soon to make it 
an 11" square.

I have also been working on the gray and yellow baby quilt 
and that will be my focus for the next few days.

Hope to be stitching Week 2 soon,

Hope to get it done on time next week.

If not, it is all good.

It is not a race; it is a journey.

Happy Stitchy Quilty Journeys to you! 

:-) 

1 comment:

claudia said...

That is going to be adorable! I haven't cross stitched in a long while, I tried to do some a month or so ago. I picked up a project I had started way back in the olden days. Ummm, well, can I just say, in the meantime, my eyes have not gotten any younger? I will continue to attempt the cross stitch, because I have some beautiful patterns I just have to make. I do have an Ott Light with a magnifier attached, in fact I have two, so I will get those out, dust them off and brave forward!
You have encouraged me to start again, I am loving watching your progress!