Saturday, February 9, 2019

52 Blocks in 52 Weeks ~ Sew Scrappy!



Maze ~ 6.5" Block

I am sewing along with the





Blocks may be found and posted
 Here on their Facebook Site

Because these are 6.5" unfinished blocks,
the cutting calls for very small pieces.
So this is a perfect scrap project! 


This block used up scraps that were 1.5" strips.


For this quilt, Nutmeg and I have decided to use the
dotty fabric that has been in our stash for years,
bought on sale one time when "everything dots"
was 40% off at our local quilt shop. 


These are the colors in this fabric,
although I will use all colored scraps for my blocks.

I need to make the first three weeks' blocks to catch up.

I hope to so that later tonight,

On Saturdays I like to play with my scraps 
with the lovely quilters at



where it is yellow month.

So used us some of my small yellow scraps for

#52blocks52weeks

Hope to see you sewing along! 


3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on using some sunny YELLOW scraps along with some "deep stash"!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning! I am following along with this challenge, but am not sewing. I sure do LOVE the fabrics you selected for this week's block. I adore all dots and these look so fetching with the pops of sunshine highlighted throughout the maze. ~smile~ Roseanne

Suze said...

Pretty block and this looks like a great way to make a small dent in stash. I went to download the patterns and the first week is gone. They only keep three patterns at a time so the first week has dropped. Do you have it and would you mind to share it? I know you aren't supposed to do that. There isn't even an option to buy it that I see. If there were a picture, I might be able to sketch it out for myself. Thanks for sharing the QAL. I need to make a list of quilts for which I'm trying to download timely patterns. I get reminders for some and some not. So far I've refused to pay for a block that I have missed. I figure if the designer can offer it for free for a week ,and mess with me, I don't need that person's pattern that badly. Obviously, I haven't been sewing along and needed a given block. I figure if it's free for one week, it should be free. Don't mess with me that way. I recently saw a pattern advertised on a site for $8.95. When I actually tracked down a place to purchase the pattern (from 2012), the pattern cost was $12. It was a pattern that I'd like to have just in case... someday... I didn't bite. That the unfortunate part of costs rising and old links and things being cited in old blogs, cache on the computer, etc. LOL Again, I love the pops of yellow.