Thursday, February 21, 2019

Taking Wing




Today is the last day of the 


It has been sew uplifting.

Here are a few of my (non quilty) favorite wings ... 


My hubby bought this lighted lawn decoration 
just before Christmas on early clearance when I asked him why we had no lights 
on the front of our house last year.

I loved her and did not want to see her hidden in the cellar for most of the year.


So now she lives in the corner of our dining room where I used to have my sewing machine.
It is along a bay wall that is otherwise a dark space near the built-in china cabinet. 



These wings were a more recent bargain purchase online.
I thought they were much too dark when they arrived.



So I found some craft paint
and lightened this heart.


Right now they are both living in my old quilty corner,
although the wings may be soon hung elsewhere.

I see these and my heart takes wing.

:-) 


4 comments:

allthingzsewn said...

Like the lighter take on the heart and wings too. If the heart was white on white design I would put these over a bed so they could stay up all the time.

VA said...

Both are beautiful!

Barb said...

Love your wings but I noticed your dishes in the cabinet, I recently sold a set of dishes just like that....I have a dish fettish...

Marian said...

So sorry I'm late getting around to your day on the hop. These are awesome, that angel is magnificent and the wings you created just compliment it so beautifully.