Monday, February 4, 2019

Identifying and Tracking a UFO


String Swap Blocks 

This is a UFO that has been hiding 
just outside my quilty orbit for too many years.

Objective:  Take This One Down By March, 2018



With the help of the


For Intel check in with Squadron Leader




These swap blocks were  made using a 7" by 10" rectangle of muslin for the foundation.

This pattern may be found here 





 These blocks were made in 2010


Tucked in with these blocks is my hand written list,
with the names of swappers, 
all some of my first online quilty friends, 
one of whom has gone on to quilty heaven.
These blocks are treasures in my stash.

I love using up strings.
I have no idea why these are still a UFO.

Must be poor time management. 
Too easily distracted by new fabric and patterns.
Out of sight, out of mind. 

All excuses. 
Pick one. 

I actually pulled these blocks out in 2014 when I joined and posted in the 







No More Excuses.

Time to Bring This UFO Down

Wish Me Luck!

:-) 

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I have started working on a string quilt, will be teaching it to my quilt club Saturday. One is controlled scrappy in that it is all Fall colors, and the other is not scrappy. I think they are so fun to make and similar to the second one you show, except the strings are all the same length.

Teresa said...

I did a blog post on my string quilts if you want to check them out :)

Scrapatches said...

Thanks, Teresa, your string projects are sew inspiring ... :-) Pat