Monday, February 25, 2019

Baby Quilt Progress



The quilt top is done!



This block is the 



In the end I did not follow the layout shown in the book.


I opted for a more graphic, modern version 
and used the extra units I made in the corners of the borders.

So I am calling this quilt 
Starry Lanes 
because the setting creates an elongated diagonal star.

I am going to leave this on my design wall while I think
about how to quilt it
as I catch up on some blocks
for swaps and BOMs.

It is very windy here in the northeast and it is cold on my back
in my sewing room because of the large west facing windows.

So I may sit in the warm chair 
and do some cross stitching today.

Happy Stitching and Sewing! 




5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That's a nice pattern and turned out so well. Love your colors.

Angie said...

Very neat and pretty! Enjoy your day! :-) :-)

Teresa said...

Pretty quilt. I have got to make a couple gender neutral quilts and am really having difficulty picking a pattern and fabrics. I do like the yellow and grey you chose.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your quilt--very cute! The puppy fabric is darling too--perfect for a baby quilt!

Kathleen said...

Oh I love this arrangement you came up for the quilt!! Now go sit in that warm chair. A cold back is not good!