Thursday, March 7, 2019

I Like Thursday #2 ~ Words

i like ...


a new fallen snow
 my yard winter wonderland
slow monday snow day



a jar of cut scraps
colorful fabrics castaway
dream to be a quilt



scrap strings explosion
order in the chaos of color
 i sew !  piece by peace



string strips sewn

*
*
*

Last week I found

I Like Thursday @ Not Afraid of Color

and I enjoyed visiting all the far away places
and making new friends
with the lovely  "I Like Thursday" Bloggers.

So I am back with my

I Like Thursday Post # 2
~
I like Words.
I like words in stitches.
I also like cats.

Three for three in this photo.

More on this stitchery and pattern info here.

I Like Books 



This is the book I am reading.
In the Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende
I picked it up because the title comes from one of my favorite quotes.
I found this new-to-me author is a master storyteller
who creates compelling characters and shows their vulnerabilities
and, more subtly, their strengths
and brings their world to life.


I am happy that I passed my love of words and cats on to my daughter, 
who recently posted this photo late at night.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my post. 

"It's only words, 
and words are all I have, 
to take your heart away"
"Words" by the BeeGees, 1967

I Like ... <3 

10 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning Pat! Your yard looks so pretty and peaceful. I can just hear the snowflakes softly falling down, the quiet hush before everyone wakes for the day and gets busy. I love to read myself but no cats as I'm very allergic to them. But it sure would be fun to have a snuggle buddy. ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I'm lovin that view of your yard! I also like the BeeGees quote. Thx for the book review-I need a new one. mary

LA Paylor said...

I love words too... so much. I got to listen to Isabel Allende at the National Book Festival in DC back when it was a lovely festival all over the downtown mall. Great list of likes... great pictures too. The last one with the cat on the book, is so beautiful. Sets a mood doesn't it? Could be a poster with a quote on it. I LOVE scraps and your jar picture gave me a little shiver of delight!
LeeAnna

claudia said...

Such a wonderful post this morning! Thank you for the push...I really need to read more. I have about a hundred books on my Kindle that I want to read, and the reason I haven't read them is a mystery to me!
Thank you for the beautiful words and pictures!

Suzanne said...

Lovely words and beautiful photos. I especially like the jar of colorful fabric scraps.

Judy D in WA said...

Hi Pat! I LOVE your scrap jar! and your string strip and all things fabric. :) And the Bee Gees. Your snow is beautiful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun post to read! I enjoyed your way with words and the photos that went with them. I love that BeeGees quote, too!

Shannon said...

I love Isabel Allende's books, but I haven't read that one. I'll have to look for it! Your snow is so beautiful, bright and fresh and light looking! Have a great week!

PaintedThread said...

Pretty snow. And I love that stripe of scraps. Excellent! I love the photo of the kitty on your book. Must make reading a little slow?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awesome likes Pat. Your jar of scraps is so bright and cheery and the cat on the book. Who knew cats could be bookmarks?!