Monday, March 11, 2019

Slow Stitching Sunday Progress


Today was another Slow Stitching and Sewing Sunday
while the snow fell softly, and then noisily, outside.

It changed over to rain before it stopped.
Hubby used the snow-blower and shoveled,
and then came in and scraped paint off the ceiling in the bathroom.

I cooked and sewed and stitched
and cleaned and oiled my sewing machine.
After I serviced my machine, 
I also made my first foundation paper pieced blocks
in a long while. 

Clearly, I had the better of the deal today.
I was inside ... warm, dry, snug and close to the teapot. 
I made dinner but did no baking.


So it was herbal tea and Girl Scout Cookies for our snack tonight.


Thin Mints and Trefoil Shortbreads for hubby.
A Trefoil and the last Do-Si-Do for me,

The peanut butter oatmeal sandwich Do-Si-Do cookie is my favorite.
Thin Mints are  my hubby's favorite.

What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

We used to have stacks and stacks of these boxes in our house back in the day.
I was the leader and cookie manager.

I can never pass by a table of smiling little Girl Scouts 
and not stop to buy a box.

These we sought out in NH, because they sell the ones from the baker I prefer.


I only started this embroidery on Tuesday,
so my slow stitching moments have been productive.

It may also be because I am using Aurifloss and a chunky needle.



This one was made with DMC strands and a thin embroidery needle.
Much slower going.

I have decided to just use the larger needle and thicker floss
and enjoy the texture.


Another new thing for me is this no-slip plastic hoop.
See the ridge on the inner ring and the groove on the outer ring?
There is much less fabric slippage as I stitch with this frame.
I do not remember where on the internet I saw this originally
but I purchased it at an etsy shop.
I bought the larger and smaller hoop and it was under $20, including postage
and it arrived within a few days.

I am not affiliated with this shop in any way.
There is a pattern in this shop which is not my cup of tea 
and some of you may find offensive,
so be forewarned.
I have a "live and let" live and "to each her own"
way of looking at life.

Link goes directly to the hoops ... 

The stitchery in the photos is in the larger hoop,
approximately an 8" hoop.

I am liking the new improved notions 
that make stitching much easier.

Sharing today with



Happy Stitching! 



5 comments:

Faye said...

Your bumblebee stitching is lovely. very cute

Marti said...

I thought all Girl Scout cookies tasted the same no matter where they were baked. What is the difference with the baker you prefer?

You've made great progress on your new project already. Very cute! I've seen a hoop like that I think. Does the inside feel kind or rubbery like a gripper?

Lee said...

Great new embroidery! Thanks for the info on the no slip hoop - I have not seen those!
I like the Girl Scouts shortbread cookies!

Kim said...

Stitching inside, cosy and warm with the cold kept outside sounds like a wonderful idea. The little bumble bee stitchery is sweet and your friend heart cushion is lovely. Those plastic hoops sound fabulous.

Karen said...

You do nice embroidery. I was looking at how you stitched your bee.

I always purchased the Thin Mints but discovered that I also like the Trefoils.