Thursday, May 14, 2020

I Like Thursday # 55 ~ Life in the Scrapatch



It is Thursday, so I have posting some of the things that have made me smile this week.

This Northern Mockingbird has been serenading us this spring.
His imitative song repertoire includes
sparrows, jays, robins, crows, wrens, titmice, seagulls,
my neighbor's lovebird,
and even a police siren. 
He is an urban bird and likes my neighbor's chimney top. 


The flowers in my yard are blooming.
The tulips are starting to drop their petals as we have had some very windy days.
The Creeping Phlox starting to bloom.
I buy new phlox at the end of the season when it is no longer blooming
in the sale sections of the garden centers and when they bloom
in my yard the colors are always a surprise.
All shades of phlox are pretty.
These are very established but the ones in the top right of the photo on the other
side of my yard are quite new. 
They just happen to be the same shades of lavender and dark pink.


I have been trying to sit outside and stitch but it has been so windy and cool
that my hands get too cold and I have to move inside.
I like to play with the colors on my cross stitch
by picking and choosing from my small floss stash.


So I have this pack of threads that is unused
and am giving it away to someone who would like to stitch this bluebird
in the aqua colorway. 


Click on the above link and comment there to enter. 


Our Home Chef box has some interesting meals this week.
The one with the pan in the front is their idea of a reday to cook meal.
It is chicken carbonara and has small red potatoes, brocolli,
a sauce packet and bacon garnish 
and all you do is open, put in pan and bake.
The meats all come separately packaged 
in the bottom of the insulated box with an ice pack
and are not in this photo.


My Scrapatch prepared the Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps 
and they were very tasty.


Dessert was small cone of Cheesecake Factory Strawberry Cheescake
Ice Cream that one of my son's brought over on Mother's Day.
Maestro, as you can see, likes ice cream
and is not happy that I am not sharing in this photo.
Kitty got a tiny taste on my finger and clearly wanted more.
Sorry, kitty, this is for humans.

So life has been good this week in the Scrapatch.

Here  is my Social Distance Traveling For Today ...



Transfăgărășan



Amazing story and place to see from afar.

I am happy here in my home.



I am going to go enjoy visiting my friends, 


Have a Happy Thursday! 


6 comments:

Margie said...

My pinks are starting to bloom here in Oregon and they smell sooo good. Am also working on a bluebird pattern and we have a pair building a nest in the birdhouse on the front deck. Fun to watch! Thanks for the chance for some new colors.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good morning, Pat! Your phlox are just beautiful. I just love your llama floss holder - so very cute. That ice cream looks delicious. I don't blame Maestro for wanting more . . . I would, too, after a taste. Take care! ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Mocking birds are fun - we used to have ones that did a car alarm. I love phlox; yours looks terrific. Llamas! I love those thread holders! I can see why Maestro wanted you to share!

moosecraft said...

The Mockingbird is my favorite bird! He always sounds so happy! :-) Our kitty loves ice cream too...he actually prefers peanut butter flavors! ;-)

Shannon said...

The phlox is gorgeous! I've never grown it before, but I love the lavender. I have annuals right now, pots and pots of pink and purple petunias which as my favorite. I have lots of birds this year too, and I've loved hearing them tweet. Unfortunately I've found quite a few dead baby birds in my backyard, I'm not sure what kind they are but the parents are nesting in my eaves, and I can't tell if the babies are falling or what, but I'm sad every time I find one!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Delicious looking food that made my mouth water...almost lunch time! Lovely cross stitching and I also love seeing your flowers.