Saturday, May 16, 2020

May Flowers and Stitching


My Mother's Lilacs are blooming.
Usually they have bloomed by Mother's Day,
but the buds were still tight last weekend.
It has been a cool spring here in the northeast.


This old bush has many blooms this year.
It is good to see it flourishing again
 after many years when it had declined due to too much shade.

The scent is so sweet.


As is the scent of these tiny lily of the valley which flourish 
in the shade under the the lilac.

After Friday night's strong thunderstorms,
the skies are blue with fluffy cumulus clouds.

So we have been doing yard work today.


I have had a little time to sit and stitch on my yard swing
and am adding little green leaves to the branch.
So I am still on Part 1,
which I hope to have done tomorrow.

May you and yours have a happy and healthy and safe weekend.


3 comments:

Ioleen said...

Beautiful. Waiting for our lilac bush to bloom. The lily of the valley are going crazy. Will post a picture on Instagram when they bloom.

Nancy said...

Lilacs are my favorite spring flower. At our old house the neighbor had a really old bush with a wonderful fragrance. I have not been able to find one for my current house. Since we were unable to visit any garden shops this spring looks like it will not be this year.

LJ said...

Lilacs and Lily of the Valley - I can smell them from here. Ohhh, perhaps the fragrance is from those in my yard! lol They are definitely one of my favorite things about spring.