Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Quilty Road Trip ... Social Distance Style




This morning started Here,

because this is, literally, one of the first things I see in the morning,
after I use my eye drops to unglue my eyes, 
as it is on my bedroom wall opposite my bed. 

I do not actually "see" the eye drops.
I just reach out to where I know they are, aim and squeeze,
then wait a few minutes for them to take effect.

Usually, there is a blur of my hubby's face
and a fuzzy looking cat or three in view, too.
Only Katniss is actually fuzzy so I know if the other two look 
like they are having a bad hair day
that my eyes are not working yet.

By the time I ask Alexa to turn on the light,
the cross stitch starts coming onto focus.

After saying have a good day to hubby,
going out the door to his new job,
because the man does not know what the word "retired" means,
or that there is a "stay at home"
 ... um ... mandate? ... advisory? ... guideline? ...  
whatever the state is calling it now ...
for people our age.

I get my cup of coffee and say hello to my blog which comes up as my home screen
and there is my new favorite quilty project again.

Now that I have put my Quilty Love stitchery there again at the top of today's post,
it will be waiting for me again tomorrow morning ... I like!
Maybe I will put it at the top of the post everyday this week!

You may get tired of it, but I will not ... :-) 

Anyway...

my virtual road trip is rambling off course ...

just like most of our real road trips.

So ...


I wandered Here
so I could get cool with all the square inspiration of the day.

First off, 
opened my eyes wide with another one of her multitude of amazing quilty endeavors
and made me laugh with her zany humor.

Then I got as far as


before my road trip completely changed destinations ... 

and I bought this ...



... because I need a new project like I need a new turn in the road. 

I want to make a larger version of this for my very modern niece
 who is getting married in the fall.


Because I was at Broadcloth Studio

and I love their Quilty Quizes,

I found


... sew I had to take it ... 


... and I somehow I ended up Here ...

"While the road or the car never really changes, the scenery is what brings excitement and variety to the journey! Whether it’s color, texture, or the final quilting, there are a million different roads to take and a billion different adventures to have along the way."








Nine Patch?

Oh, Yes, that is me.

So while I ruminated upon my love of Nine Patch blocks awhile
I remembered a WIP ...


... so I traveled back in time to Here


... revisted Here


... then I had to dig out this pile of Fig Tree scraps
and sewed three more 9 Patch Blocks this morning

... and the morning traveled away with me.

Phew ... what a morning road trip!

Time for lunch, a little gardening
and I will get back to blog hopping later today.

I has been a happy quilty morning.

May yours be a good one, too ... :-) 



4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Apparently, I'm a Sawtooth Star!! LOL

sue s said...

I'm a log cabin which is so funny because I'm making one for our living room right now!

Dorian said...

LOL, lovely 'road trip' morning Pat. It's so nice when the road takes those many lovely turns and you see some great things. Hope the rest of your day went well too :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Fun road trip. I am a sawtoothed star. I am astounded that the cats don't knock your eyedrops off the nightstand. Looks like a fun morning.